October 23, 2008

This weeks class project was portrait of an artist - where we emulate the work of an artist.  I wasn't as interested in the artist, Liechtenstein, so decided to use my Wild Card and do my own thing.  I took a big step and went way out of my comfort zone - photographing myself and not just myself, but my big ole' belly.  I am very self conscience and critical of myself, so it is hard for me to portray myself like this.  I did get good feed back from my instructor and the rest of the class, so that helped.  There are things that I would change and will probably do so.  Go back and try other things.  I am happy with this, being my first ever photo shoot of myself and in what I consider a vulnerable way.  I hope you enjoy.






4 comments:

E and K said...

Those are great photos, Ang! I wish that I had some cool pregnancy portraits. You look great by the way...beautiful. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog...by the way, I have expanded elsewhere and what I always have to remind people of, is that there are still three months left to go where there will be lots of growing : ) The next several photos sessions of myself might not look quite so glamorous : ) Thanks for sharing your photos. I'm still inspired by you to eventually take a photography class!

The Ulrickson Fam said...

okay, the one with aidan is so sweet. i also love the little hand touching the belly. precious. what a fun project! did you use a timer or do you have a remote for your camera?

Jenni said...

Ang- beautiful!!! I love the last one. You look great!

Emmy R. said...

Wow I randomly found this blog and I love it! I, too, love taking pictures, I hope to take a class sometime in the near future!

I particularly love this post! I really love the beauty of pregnant women, even if you don't like you belly that much I really enjoyed seeing the pictures, especially with your other little guy in them as well! I love pictures like this!

Continue to enjoy taking pictures! Oh and good luck with the rest of your class.