March 7, 2008

I LOVE my micro!

I really love shooting with my micro lens.  The detail I can get with it amazes me.  I still need more practice with it, but hope to continue getting some cool shots.  While I was shooting flowers today (which seems to be a major attraction for me, perhaps because they don't run away like my boys do . . .) I discovered even tinier forms of life.  The first shot is what the orange flower look like looking down on them and the second contains the little ants I found.  I was just having fun with the hibiscus and didn't even notice the little spider hiding in the petal until right after I took the first shot.  It's amazing what you can find and see when you get real close!

(For those who don't know, you can click on the images to enlarge them)



















1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the last photo the best! I love the texture of the flower getting ready to bloom and the purple flower is a great contrast to the green of the budding flower. The lighting is really nice as well. The 3rd one from bottom is really interesting, I just wish there was a little more detail on the edges, but the composition is great. I love the flowing lines to the center. I also like the bug2 picture because the petals are really pretty and again the contrast makes the bug really stand out. A little smaller aperture might of sharpened up the bug, but I really like the look of the shot. The petals lines really flow nicely to the bug.

Good work.

John

P.S. I hope you don't mind me chatting so much about the photos, it just I miss that aspect alot from my classes. It was nice to know what other photographers thought.